After 3 weekends of painting, the house is beginning to feel like a brand new home. You could feel the anticipation in the family – everyone is putting in their time on this project. Celine has taken Saturday off her work and devoted the morning cleaning up and doing regular chores that were falling behind. Jessica, who had Thursday off convinced me that she could do all the painting and did the complete second coat of the living room. She did a very good job that we now call her the master painter. Even Jeanne, who is currently recovering from a viral infection can not help herself to put in the effort.Last Saturday, all 4 of us were in Bunnings, picking up more paint and supplies, light fittings (called Tulipa – there Jessica I wrote it) … and more tools.
As we do this project, we made mistakes but never hesitated to redo the walls when we had to, even if, sometimes, it means moving the furnitures again. This is the living room, we have not mounted any frames yet as we wanted to take some time to design and think on what would go on the wall.
There are a few notes on this experience, I need to improve my method of applying plasters, they are too thick and sanding them back is hard work. It has markedly improved now, but there are quite few patches I did that are too thick.
Using good brushes is also a good idea. We started this job using brushes sold in bulk and throw them after use rather than washing it. However, they are so crappy that some of the bristles gets painted on the wall. Good brushes cost a bit more but with proper care they last longer, produces markedly better results and more cost effective in the long run.
Work in Progress Photos
No rest in sight yet … this week’s job – The Rumpus Room